The Taft College Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 dedicated to supporting student success. The Foundation is committed to maximizing support from individuals, corporations, and the private sector through gift recognition, endowment development, and alumni relations.
Setting The Foundation
What Your Dollars Provide
$100: a grant towards textbooks for a new student
$250: supports tutoring for a STEM student over a semester
$500: two textbooks for a science or technology student
$750: supports faculty innovation grants to strengthen student learning
$1,000: supplies an underserved, first generation college student support for unexpected expenses
$2,000: a year’s worth of fees, books, and supplies for a veteran who is a full-time student
$3,000: provides needed equipment for cutting edge technological instruction
$5,000: educates a student in the high demand fields of Engineering and Dental Hygiene
Foundation Achievements 2015-16
Hundreds of Alumni, Community
and Corporate Donors contributions
Raised to support students and programs at Taft College
In Scholarships given to over
50 students in 2016
Other Accomplishments of 2016
Taft College achieved many accomplishments in 2016. The Taft College Foundation would like to acknowledge the dedication and support of the community, especially the Taft College alumni, for being an integral part of those proud moments.
- New Superintendent/President Dr. Deb Daniels, whose energy and dedication to our campus can be seen and felt on a daily basis.
- Student Center Groundbreaking, where upon completion, the students will enjoy a student lounge, cafeteria, and College bookstore.
- Expansion of Workforce training, including Energy Technology, Pre-Engineering, Welding, STEM, Career Technical Education, and Transition to Independent Living.
- Creating a Veterans Resource Center and community food pantry, assisting students with the greatest need.
- Scholarship Recipients, rewarding dedicated students with over $80,000 annually in awards and funding to continue their educational journey.
- Graduating the Class of 2016 with a record number of students, 367.
- Hosting several events that promote Taft College and the departments of athletics, dental hygiene, and scholarship and grant programs, including Alumni and Friends Cougar Cookout, Triple Play Dinner, Al Baldock Golf Tournament, and the Taft College Hall of Fame.
- Awarded Faculty Innovation Grants, supporting projects from our faculty totaling $8,800.
- Expanding on the Taft College Foundation Petroleum Partners, creating industry partnerships with Chevron, Synagro, California Resource Corporation, AERA Energy, Kern County Superintendent of School, Taft Union High School, and other vital organizations who assist with workforce development, leadership seminars, and support for industry internships for our students.